John Maxwell’s book, The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential, discusses 5 Levels of Leadership. How is your staff following you?
- Position: Have to follow you
- Permission: Want to follow you
- Production: Follow based on your track record
- People Development: Follow based on your personal help to them
- Pinnacle: Follow based on you are and for what you stand
Other key points:
- Leadership is a verb. (Creating change and making growth easy)
- People can improve. Don’t shy away from tough conversations, but do it with kindness.
- Highest goal of a leader is to develop leaders.