Hi, I am Laura Brodie, a licensed counselor with offices in Boulder and Denver. Thank you for visiting! For 25+ years I have been deepening my expertise in counseling individuals and providing marriage counseling, welcoming a broad spectrum of clients. During and after our work together, my clients affirm that they experience significant improvements and even radical transformations in their personal goals, family, relationship, friendships and marriage. Please check out the information below.
My website is: http://laurabrodiecounseling.com/
How do you know when it’s time?
Choosing to begin marriage counseling in Colorado is a courageous choice. The timing of when you begin counseling is a key element for ensuring success. Ideally, the right time to begin is when you are both committed to bringing forth your best to nurture your relationship. This can be when you’re facing a challenge or even during happier, healthier times. One of the challenges many marriages face is infidelity and what to do when the cheating spouse comes clean or is found out by the other partner. I can help you deal with the effects of an unfaithful spouse through marriage counseling.
Growing your relationship is a challenge indeed, not for the faint of heart. Remember the exquisite delight when you were first falling in love? How sweet it was. Yet, the evolution of a relationship is like the saying: “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.” During the honeymoon period, or romantic phase, both individuals are passionately – if a bit foolishly – engaged in the fantasy of forever love and the quintessential hope of a never ending flow of ecstasy. Then, inevitably and predictably, the harsh reality of negotiating an interdependent existence and mature partnership sets in firmly and ruthlessly.
It’s normal – but potentially destructive – to resist the idea that relationships take work to reap the rewards of peace and longevity in love. Often people seek counseling only as a last resort – after their pain has spiked beyond their thresholds or when the emotional climate is scorching. Others unfortunately wait to accept an intervention like counseling until a vast distance has grown between them or a betrayal has destroyed their intimacy – a critical time.
PREVENTATIVE MARRIAGE COUNSELING
You may be confident and optimistic about your partnership today yet desire a deeper sense of connection. Preventative marriage counseling can:
- Enhance your communications
- Strengthen your ability to give and receive love
- Further clarify your vision for your future together
REPARATIVE MARRIAGE COUNSELING
It’s time…when you and/or your partner:
- Consistently feel upset, painfully disconnected, or sense you are unheard or unacknowledged
- Reach your capacity to tolerate your discomfort or you’re aware that your basic needs are not being met
- Fear your partner is feeling these feelings and s/he has not been expressive
ONCE YOU BEGIN COUNSELING…
- You’ll find that specific techniques have been designed to move you toward enhanced intimacy and transformational healing.
- Being guided by a skilled therapist during structured conversations supports you so you can break through barriers.
- The safety created in the sessions enables you to feel the freedom to open up and share what troubles you most.
- Together you can learn new skills to more successfully negotiate the challenging reality of an interdependent life and mature partnership.
|“Love is hard–life is hard–but it’s the only game in town. It’s a high-stakes game, because how well you play determines how you will thrive and grow. You might as well learn to play it as well as possible, as soon as possible.”– HARVILLE HENDRIX|